Saturday, September 13, 2014

1 Step forward...85 back

I can't even express how much I lost my every loving mind the other day.  We ordered patio doors from a company, that I'm not even going to list cause that letter to the corporate office is still pending, and were told 11-14 weeks for door to be put in.  Well....that would have put us into October...sucks but okaaayyyyy...its "how things are".  Our neighbor also ordered windows from the same company and told me that they were extremely back logged and to call them.  Needless to say when the lady told me 16-20 weeks I was not a happy camper.  Especially with the excuse "its cause of all the hail damage..." my response was "we ordered our door afterwards so that's bad planning on your part!"  Jordan even called from Afghanistan is how bent I was about things.


So fast forward, door is here, someone cancels their install we get in a stand by list.  Now when I ordered the door I SPECIFICALLY asked the sales guy if the rot that I noticed on the frame was going to be issue (outside) and how bad the patio was too.  The door was sagging/bowing and aluminum with no handle on it so I was clear that there was going to be issues.  Cause lets be real everything that "should" be easy with this house hasn't been.  I even gave the electrical incident as the example and was told that it wouldn't be a issue...blah blah blah.

Installer shows up...first thing out of his mouth "ummmm Ma'am we have a problem"  no kidding no power tools plugged in and that's what he says.  He suspects there is rot but this is going to take more than the hour they had him slotted for.  I said I know that, I told the sale guy to plan for F-O-U-R.
Installer cracks it open and we find THIS

no wait...gets better (or worse) 


yes that is his hand in my door frame...his 6'7 hand in my f-ing frame!!!


So the E-N-T-I-R-E 2x8 was rotted where the old door use to be.  Oh oh oh and he said that there was not way there wasn't water damage on that basement wall.  We walk down and what do you know...its been patched and skimmed.  Was hard to tell with the color the wall was but explains why there was always a musty smell downstairs. 

Thank you sweet baby Jesus laying in the manger that the installer was a contractor and was able to frame the door in cause you know it only SNOWED that night!!!!  I think the hysterics is what caused him to work till nearly 11pm...yup 11pm...I was a hot ball of pissed off I was.  Think I might have terrified him into staying for fear of what would happen if he left me with a gaping hole in my kitchen...while it was snowing.


The door is really nice and even Jordan noticed the difference on skype.  He said he could actually SEE the trees instead of just the green blob from the previous doors.  

1 step forward...sigh...really terrified what is behind that wall in the basement now!



No comments:

Post a Comment